Drive Your Future Success at the OTA Annual Conference
September 13-14 in Columbus
Join the Ohio Trucking Association in Columbus on September 13-14 for a two-day event that is focused on taking you and your business to the next level. Through thoughtful programming, learning from peers and connecting with leading industry partners, you will walk away with the tools you need to drive your success, and company, into the future.
Thought Leaders Take Center Stage
Learn from some of the best in the industry including:
- Leadership Lessons from a Legend - Jimmy Haslam, Chairman of the Board, Pilot Company
- Maximizing Employee Motivation through Creative Compensation - Beth Carroll, Prosperio Group
- Path to Leadership: A Conversation with Second Generation Trucking Leaders - A panel discussion with Brian Pohl, Pohl Transportation, Inc.; Jay Sewell, Sewell Motor Express; and Doug Sibila, Peoples Services, Inc. Moderated by Sherri Garner Brumbaugh, Garner Transportation Group and Chair, American Trucking Associations.
- Crisis Management for the Transportation Industry - Stephanie York, Hennes Communications
Attend the Conference In-Person or Virtually
In-person attendees will have full access to programming, vendor exhibits, networking receptions, and the opportunity to attend the Conference PAC dinner on Monday evening (additional fee and pre-registration is required).
If you prefer to attend virtually, you can experience the conference from your home or office with access to programming and a unique way to meet industry vendors.
- All keynote presentations will be live streamed – you’ll hear each speaker’s presentation and see the slides just as if you were in the front row.
- All sessions will be available post-conference for you to view on demand. You can access the files and replay the presentations at any time.
- Exhibitors and sponsors will have the opportunity to introduce you to their business through commercials that run during programming breaks.
Exhibit at Conference
At the OTA Annual Conference, you will have the opportunity to meet and connect with decision makers from around the state. Be sure your company’s products and services are represented with a tabletop exhibit display.
In-person attendees will experience your exhibit live, while our virtual attendees can get to know your company through a 2-3 minute “commercial” that will run during programming breaks.
Tabletop Exhibit Package includes:
- One 6’ skirted table
- One chair
- Electric service (upon request)
- Listing on the OTA conference app
- Listing on the conference web page
- One full conference registration (includes admission to programming sessions, networking receptions and conference meals)
- Ability to submit a 2-3 minute “commercial” for virtual attendees to view during the live stream portion of the conference (this video should be a MP4 file with a 16:9 resolution; deadline to submit is August 31, 2021)
Thank You to our 2021 Annual Conference Presenting Sponsor:
Schedule of Events
Monday, September 13
|9:00 a.m. – 12 NOON||Registration|
|9:00 – 11:30 a.m.||Exhibitor Set-Up|
|9:30 a.m.||Emerge OTA Networking Breakfast|
|10:00 – 11:30 a.m.||OTA Board of Trustees Meeting|
|12:00 – 1:30 p.m.||OTA Annual Meeting & State of the Associations Address, Ed Nagle, Nagle Companies and OTA Chairman; Sherri Garner Brumbaugh, Garner Transportation Group and Chair, American Trucking Associations and Thomas Balzer, CAE, Ohio Trucking Association|
|1:30 – 2:00 p.m.||Exhibits Break|
|2:00 – 3:00 p.m.||Maximizing Employee Motivation through Creative Compensation, Beth Carroll, Prosperio Group|
|3:00 – 3:30 p.m.||Exhibits Break|
|3:30 – 4:30 p.m.||Path to Leadership: A Conversation with Second Generation Trucking Leaders, A panel discussion with Brian Pohl, Pohl Transportation, Inc.; Jay Sewell, Sewell Motor Express; and Doug Sibila, Peoples Services, Inc. Moderated by Sherri Garner Brumbaugh, Garner Transportation Group and Chair, American Trucking Associations.|
|4:30 – 5:30 p.m.||Networking Reception|
|6:00 – 9:00 p.m.||Ohio Trucking Association PAC Dinner at NAPA Kitchen + Bar, Additional fee; separate registration required.|
Tuesday, September 14
|8:00 – 9:30 a.m.||Crisis Management for the Transportation Industry, Stephanie York, Hennes Communications|
|9:30 – 10:00 a.m.||Exhibits Break|
|10:00 – 11:00 a.m.||Keynote Session: Leadership Lessons from a Legend, Jimmy Haslam, Chairman of the Board, Pilot Company|
|11:00 – 11:30 a.m.||Exhibits Break|
|11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.||Chairman & Awards Luncheon honoring the incoming OTA Chairman, Fleet Safety Award winners, OTA Safety Professional of the Year and OTA Hall of Honor inductees.|
Chairman of the Board
Sherri Garner Brumbaugh
Garner Transportation Group and
Chair, American Trucking Associations
Author and Founding Partner
Vice President and In-House Counsel
Renaissance Columbus Westerville-Polaris Hotel
409 Altair Parkway
Westerville, OH 43082
Attend the PAC Dinner on Monday, September 13
After a full day of learning at Annual Conference, enjoy the Mediterranean-inspired menu of NAPA Kitchen + Bar in Westerville with your peers. The evening, sponsored by Stoops Freightliner, will kick off at 6:00pm. NAPA Kitchen + Bar will open up exclusively for our OTA members and feature scratch-made food offerings paired with a variety of wine, spirits and beer. A Cigar Bar will be hosted by Governmental Policy Group.
The dinner is $200 per person and will support the Ohio Trucking Association PAC.
Ohio Trucking Association PAC is registered with the Ohio Secretary of State and is bound by the state of Ohio fundraising laws and reporting requirements. Contributions must be received from individuals, sole proprietorships, partnerships, LPAs, LLCs, and LLPs. No cash accepted.
Thank You to our Ohio Trucking Association PAC Dinner Sponsor:
Thank You to our Cigar Bar Sponsor:
Fleet Safety Awards
Showcase your company’s commitment to safety by applying for this prestigious awards today.
The Fleet Safety Awards program recognizes carriers with the best safety records in their class. These awards, presented by Great West Casualty Company, are awarded on the basis of accident-frequency ratios, which include data from the mileage and accidents reported to the Ohio Department of Transportation within a calendar year.
Safety Professional of the Year
Honor your outstanding safety professional with this prestigious award.
The Safety Professional of the Year honors industry experts who demonstrate excellence and passion within the safety profession. Judging criteria includes professional contributions to the industry, safety record and activity outside the fleet.
Nominations are due July 30! CLICK HERE to complete the online nomination form or CLICK HERE to download the form. Award winners will be recognized at the Chairman and Awards Luncheon on September 14.