Enroll in the 2022/2023 Safety Council Program
As of July 2022, the Ohio Trucking Safety Council (OTSC) is resuming in-person meetings. Meetings will be held the second Thursday of every month at the Medallion Club in Westerville.
Save the dates and register now for the following meetings:
- July 14: Cybersecurity Pitfalls Prevention with Tim Dimoff of SACS Consulting and Investigative Services
- August 11: Mental Health and Trucking with Dr. Mark Pleiss, Psy.D.
- September 8: What to Expect in the First 24 Hours after a Disaster with Phil Heebsh and Phil Sarnowski of Roetzel
- October 13: Staged Accidents with Jill Treadwell of Travelers Insurance
- November 10: Fleet Safety and Technology as part of the OTA Technology Conference
- December 8: Federal Safety Regulations Update with Dan Horvath from the American Trucking Associations
By committing to send a company representative to 10 of the 12 OTSC meetings, your company can save 2% off your Ohio workers’ comp premiums when you enroll in the safety council program offered through the Ohio BWC. You can learn more about the program here. To enroll in the program, complete this form by Friday, July 15th. Questions about the safety council program? Contact Bradie Berry at (614) 519-6462.
About the Ohio Trucking Safety Council
No trucking safety professional could ever call their job routine. Between state and federal governments, there are enough transportation safety regulations to keep you busy just staying current. But with the Ohio Trucking Safety Council, you are given an easy and accessible source of ideas, information, and professional development. For over 50 years, OTSC has served as the "safety arm" of the Ohio Trucking Association.
Membership is Safety Council is included with your OTA membership. Contact our OTA team to ensure your safety director is signed up to receive our monthly newsletter and information on monthly meetings.
Meeting Topics Include:
- Driver hiring and training
- Workers' compensation and rehabilitation
- Accident prevention
- Drug/ alcohol testing
- Hours of service
- Hazardous materials/ waste
- Handling safety audits
- Out-of-service criteria
- Conducting safety meetings
- Pre-trip inspections
- Seasonal driving practices
- PUCO and DOT rules
- Vehicle technology